Friday 2 February 2018

# 4 Someone to #Lean on - #Lee from #The Cocktail Bar

Friday means it's time to give those supporting secondary characters a bit of the limelight!

Today, I'm joined by  the lovely Isabella May ! She's has chosen to spotlight Lee, a really enterprising guy from her brand new novel The Cocktail Bar that will be published by Crooked Cat Books on the 13th Feb 2018. But don't worry you can head on over to Amazon and put it on a Pre-order today so that's it's there for you when the kindle version launches! 


Isn't that a brilliantly eye-catching cover design! 

Welcome to my Friday series, Isabella. I'll let you explain a bit about Lee so that my readers can get to know him better!

Thanks very much, Nancy for inviting me to appear on your blog today! But actually, it’s a character called Lee from my brand new novel, The Cocktail Bar, who is going to be doing all of the talking. Take it away, Lee:

Cor blimey. Who would have ever thought I’d end up with an article all to myself? Mind you, who would have ever thought my life would change in quite the way it has ever since my old school buddy, River Jackson waltzed back into town.

Now at first, I’ll admit it, I was livid (in my quiet and unassuming way). But I thought Blake was right. River abandoned us in his late teens; made off for The Big Smoke, formed a band, earned millions and toured the world. All the while we were left behind to stack shelves in the local supermarket. It’s not that I was jealous of his lucky break, but he could have opened some doors for us, could have flown us out to one of his gigs, or found us a career supporting his travel plans.

We’re tribal here in Somerset, you see; you don’t get to swan back into Glastonbury high street to open up a cocktail bar a decade later without some kind of backlash. Nevertheless, I regret my part in smashing up the bar in the early days… despite my heart never really being in the pursuit of Blake’s military instructions. I did what I always did, a soldier under his sergeant’s command; embarrassingly, nothing much had changed from school playground to the fairly adult age of thirty-four, three months and five days.

But then the place grew on me. Magically, you might say. Everything started to change – for the better – with River back in my life. I don’t want to give too much away. I don’t want to ruin a good story, but first my outlook changed, then I began to trade in my pints of cider for the finesse of a cocktail; a proper cocktail. It started with a Woodstock. Actually, I’m loath to admit it but until that first sip of maple, citrusy goodness, I was a cocktail virgin! It finished with me making my own homemade Irish Cream. How Nigella does that make me sound? But appearances can be deceptive. The mixing of drinks is an art and River has taught me well.

In the space of a year he has spun my world around one-hundred and eighty degrees… and my perception of everything and everyone in it. My career is on the up, my love life has never been better – and I’m certainly no longer cobbling together coppers to pay for my Saturday night rounds at the pub over an un-enthralling game of skittles.

Yet still he insists I’m a ‘Supporting Secondary Character’ in this, a tale of his selflessness and spontaneity. If you insist, River Jackson; if you insist…

And if this has whet your appetite to find out more about the unconventional tipples that appear in River Jackson’s Glastonbury-based cocktail bar – and Lee’s very important contribution to that story, here’s the blurb for the book:

Rock star, River Jackson, is back in his hometown of Glastonbury to open a cocktail bar… and the locals aren’t impressed.

Seductive Georgina is proving too hot to handle; band mate, Angelic Alice, is messing with his heart and his head; his mum is a hippie-dippy liability; his school friends have resorted to violence – oh, and his band manager, Lennie, AND the media are on his trail.

But River is armed with a magical Mexican elixir which will change the lives of the Three Chosen Ones. Once the Mexican wave of joy takes a hold of the town, he’s glad he didn’t lose his proverbial bottle.

Pity he hasn’t taken better care of the real one…


Click HERE to pre-order this entertaining novel today! 

I've read the Oh, What a Pavlova so my kindle queue has just got longer ... and longer...



A little about Isabella...
Isabella May lives in (mostly) sunny Andalucia, Spain with her husband, daughter and son, creatively inspired by the sea and the mountains. When she isn’t having her cake and eating it, sampling a new cocktail on the beach, or ferrying her children to and from after school activities, she can usually be found writing.

As a co-founder and a former contributing writer for the popular online women’s magazine, The Glass House Girls - www.theglasshousegirls.com - she has also been lucky enough to subject the digital world to her other favourite pastimes, travel, the Law of Attraction, and Prince (The Purple One).

She has recently become a Book Fairy, and is having lots of fun with her imaginative 'drops'!

The Cocktail Bar is her second novel with Crooked Cat Books, following on from the hit sensation, Oh! What a Pavlova, published in 2017. Her third novel, Costa del Churros will be published in September 2018.

Twitter - @IsabellaMayBks
Instagram - @isabella_may_author


Thank you for coming today, Isabella, and best wishes for a great launch for The Cocktail Bar on the 13th Feb. 

Slainthe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)