Monday 27 June 2016

Braiding that hair!

This Monday's Moments are likely to be full of reading up on the latest potential political upheaval in my life but I'm not posting anything on the aftermath of the EU Referendum in the UK. 

Priestess of Vesta- British Museum (Wikimedia Commons)
Recently, I posted some information on the Ancient Roman Vestalia celebrations.  While I was writing my contributions to this blog I'd forgotten that I'd seen an article and a video about a recreation of a Roman Vestal Virgin's hairstyle. Today I found the link for the whole article  HERE 



It's a fascinating little display of how a Vestal hairstyle may have been created.

Enjoy! 

Slainthe!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Marble_head_from_a_portrait_statue_of_a_veiled_priestess_of_the_goddess_Vesta,_Roman_Empire,_British_Museum_(14289538566).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)