Tuesday 8 July 2014

A welcome surprise



 Happy Monday!

Sometimes, keeping up with all the social media places I've joined as an author can be a daunting experience- especially since I tend to forget what I've joined and where my details can be found. It's just as well I don't have my work published under a lot of aliases, because I'd be even more forgetful than I am at present.  

It can be a while between my visits to my author pages on Amazon, Goodreads and other sites. It was therefore a delightful surprise to find a fabulous 5* review of Topaz Eyes that I'd somehow missed on Amazon.com and on Goodreads. 

Reviews are so welcome and useful for an author. Even the shortest ones can be helpful - and they don't ahve to be as glowing as this one. What is important is that the reader tells me what they like about my writing and what they don't like so well. Sometimes, positive criticism can mean a bit more thought is put in to a future presentation. It was suggested that a map would have been useful for my first historical romantic adventure (The Beltane Choice, Bk 1 Celtic Fervour Series) 

Because of that piece of advice/criticism, I made a family tree for Topaz Eyes so that my characters would be easier to trace.

My thanks go to Theresa for this 5* review...

by Gary Walker

"This was a great romantic suspense book. I enjoyed it thoroughly from start to finish. There are a lot of players in this book and at first it seemed a bit overwhelming to keep them straight but the author was able to get me through it without too much trouble. This story is never boring or lacking in anything entertaining. So if you like suspenseful romance then this is the book for you. Get ready to enjoy"

Buy a copy from...
http://amzn.to/RhRWK1    Amazon UK  http://amzn.to/UtLexa

I love reviews and urge my readers to post their thoughts on my books.  I write reviews for most of the books I read and these go on Amazon and Goodreads and on my review/ promotions blog- it's my way of thanking the author Ive just read. 

Slainthe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)