Wednesday 1 January 2014

Thumbs up for 2014! Happy New Year!



It's now well into Ne'erday and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and all that's good for 2014. Resolutions? Yes, I have a few but mostly I'm going to stick with some old Scottish sayings which are very appropriate at New Year. 

Look afront tae where ye'll live - meaning Look only to the future because that's where you're going to spend the coming days of ....2014

Another lovely, if slightly fatalistic, saying is Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye! - meaning...What's meant for you in life you'll receive. 
I also tag on the bit where you have to 'put effort into tasks' to get results. 

I intend to make the best of what I know is going to be quite a challenging year in more ways than one. Starting with keeping up with my promotional and marketing tasks which have tended to run away with such a lot of writing time. Books 4 & 5 of my Celtic Fervour series await writing, as do my three-book Family Saga. A short story is even more pressing. I don't often have a fixed timescale for my writing but this one needs doing very soon. 

I'm off now to listen to the New Year concert from Vienna- a tradition we started many years ago on Ne'erday. 

http://www.wienerphilharmoniker.at/en


Slainthe! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)