Wednesday 21 August 2013

Four lovely glasses!


THE BELTANE CHOICE has just received 4 lovely 'glasses' in a review from http://www.bookscompletemeunlimited.com/2013/08/review-beltane-choice.html?showComment=1377094002396#c4409972597473223413
which translates to -  LOVED IT!

My thanks to Julie for her very welcome comments:



My Review: It is not very often that I read a historical romance.  Not that I don't like them, but for some reason I just don't pick up historical romances that often anymore.  I received this book from the author, and I was a bit excited to read it.  As I mentioned, I have read a historical romance in a while, so I was looking forward to this one. 

The Beltane Choice takes place during a tumultuous time in history.  The Romans are advancing and expanding their empire northward.  This time period and location are fascinating.   And Jardine does an excellent job of incorporating relevant historical facts into her narrative, while keeping it interesting.  The history does not detract from the plot of the book at all.  It is nicely woven in and adds to the story.

  Nara and Lorcan are great characters.  Nara is a strong female, though she has her issues, of course.  She is a warrior, a healer, and a princess.  Lorcan, an emissary of his tribe is a prince and a warrior.  Their initial dislike of each other quickly turns to something hotter, but it appears that they are simply not meant to be.  Nara becomes betrothed to Lorcan's brother, and the Romans are advancing further into their territory.  Though their hearts desire each other, duty pulls them in opposing directions.

I really enjoyed this book.  It was fun to read.  I recommend it for anyone who enjoys historical romance, or just romance in general.  The Beltane Choice combines many aspects I enjoy in a book: strong characters, history, and romance.  Give it a try!
My Rating:



Julie also gave 3 glasses to TOPAZ EYES recently and states that she is a 'tough' reviewer who rarely gives 5 glasses and that 3 or 4 glasses are a very complimentary level. I'm delighted to have Julie read and write a review so 3 and 4 glasses are most welcome.

Slainthe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)