Tuesday 2 October 2012

THE NEXT BIG THING! Should be on Wednesday but it isn't!



The Next Big Thing


I’ve been tagged by the very talented Paula Martin to answer 10 questions about my next release, which will be published in December. You can read about Paula’s ‘Next Big Thing’ on her blog, http://paulamartinpotpourri.blogspot.co.uk/

This is really meant to be a Wednesday to Wednesday deal, but since I have a guest visiting tomorrow I'm posting this today. the people who are tagged by me are not expected to post until next Wednesday- 10th October

What is the working title of your book?

Topaz Eyes.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I enjoyed writing the ancestry details in my history/mystery Monogamy Twist so much I decided to write a second history/mystery with a more complex ancestral plot structure. For the second one I also wanted to introduce an element of danger, and suspense which was not present in Monogamy Twist. The quest for a set of long ago scattered jewels is fraught with danger. Greed, suspicion and murder on the one hand are balanced by growing family loyalty and trust on the other.

What genre does your book fall under?

Topaz Eyes is a contemporary ancestral mystery/suspense.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

This is a difficult one to answer. Since I don’t often go to the cinema, or watch movies these days, my knowledge of younger actors is seriously limited.

I think a Katy Perry look-alike would fit my image of Keira.





Someone a bit like an older more early thirties version of Zac Efron would be good for Teun.





What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

An official Tag line hasn't, yet, been confirmed for Topaz Eyes but it's likely to go something like this…
Topaz Eyes: A world-wide quest for a precious jewel collection, and an even more valuable mystery item leads to deception, greed, theft, bodily harm and murder- the happy result being a troubled-at times-romance, and eventually-won family loyalty.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

No agent has been used, and it’s not self- published. Topaz Eyes will be published by Crooked{Cat}Publishing.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I’m not sure since I had to break for edits to another manuscript, and other writing tasks, but I’d guess about 3 months.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I''ve no idea. I personally haven’t read anything like it.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I love doing my ancestry research, and the building up of a family tree is something I enjoy. Crafting a story around a 'tree' was a challenge I felt I had to rise to.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

A fantastic collection of ancient jewels has been scattered around the globe. Ferreting out their whereabouts is neither easy nor safe. Mayhem, murder and danger dog the main characters Teun and Keira as they travel around to unearth the jewels. Though, since it is a ‘collective family’ quest other family members are also at serious rick to their health and wellbeing. Many beautiful places are featured like Amsterdam, Vienna, Heidelberg and Minnesota, North America.

Next Wednesday,  some other writers or creative people will tell you about their ‘Next Big Thing’, including:

Valerie Bowen, Michela Sacchi-O’Brien, Ailsa Abraham, Cathie Dunn... and now Callie Hutton, Catriona King...
(If I've tagged you answer the same questions/adapt as necessary if you are not an author)


Slainthe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)